If you want to access the measurements of your own station, go ahead! It's yours so you can do whatever you want with it.
If you want to access the data from every Pioupiou station, you have a choice of 2 different licenses:
- The Community License is free (and will always be). It is designed for open data projects.
- The Extended License is more permissive. It can be tailored to your needs.
The Community License is free and requires no registration.
It allows you to use the data from all the sensors of the Pioupiou Wind Network, for any use − including commercial use −, as long as you comply with the following rules:
You must give credit and provide a link to the http://pioupiou.fr website in a visible part of your application.
Wind data (c) contributors of the Pioupiou wind network <http://pioupiou.fr>
You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that we endorse you or your use.
You must not claim that you are the owner of the original data.
If your application integrates data from other weather sensors, the data from those other weather sensors must be open, according to the following definition.
If your application integrates data from other weather sensors, and if the data from those other weather sensors is not open according to the following definition, then you are not allowed to use Pioupiou Wind Data under the Community License. In this case, you may contact us for an Extended License.
Definition of open data :¶
"Open data is data that anyone can use in exactly the same way as you."
- The data must be available on a public website or from a public API.
- The data must be available at no cost.
- The data must be available to be reused by anybody, for any application (including commercial application and redistribution).
- The data must be in a computer-readable format.
- Data resolution must not be degraded. You must provide the same dataset as the one you're using.
- Data update must not be delayed.
- If your application uses archived data, you must provide a way to retrieve the full archive.
We reserve the right to add more terms to this definition in case we face any abuse.
We will do our best to keep the system up and fast-responding. However the Community License does not provide any contractual warranty about availability and maintenance of our services.
If you need a Service Level Agrement, please apply for an Extended License.
Our data is provided "AS IS", with no express or implied warranties of any kind including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or warranties against infringement of any proprietary rights of a third party.
We will not be liable for any consequential, incidental, or special damages, or any other relief, or for any claim by any third party, arising from your use of this material.
The Extended License can be adjusted to fit your needs. Prices range from €0 to €1999 per month.
Contact us by email (
[email protected]) so we can discuss your project.